What are Movemints™?
- Movemints provide a safe-for-teeth, great-tasting, simple-to-use alternative to the chewy foam or plastic aligner seating items which are currently available.
- Movemints were created by an orthodontist specifically to help clear aligner patients and those wearing retainers.
Why did you create Movemints?
- We want your treatment to be as enjoyable and predictable as possible. Movemints are a hands-free, easy-to-use tool for seating your aligners while enjoying the natural breath-freshening power of mint.
What are the benefits of using Movemints?
Movemints can help by eliminating the stale breath that can (and will) occur during clear aligner therapy.
Movemints allow you to wear clear aligners or retainers with confidence and go about your day without feeling self-conscious about bad breath.
Movemints can help you keep your aligners in place without having to chew on plastic.
- Movemints provide a substitute to gum chewing, making it easier for patients to reach 22 hours of tray wear per day. Chewing exercises during orthodontic treatment are thought to generate beneficial blood flow for the teeth, which can reduce discomfort and results in more efficient tooth movement.
Can Movemints hurt my teeth or break my aligners?
- No! Movemints are specially designed to be used in between aligners! We recommend applying gentle pressure to each mint so that it will last a long time, providing you with the freshest experience.
- We recommend focusing on the front teeth, or what is known as the "social-six", which is where you'll find Movemints fit the best!
What is Xylitol?
- Xylitol is safe for clear aligner patients, with a recommended daily dose of 6-10 grams. It is a naturally occurring sugar substitute that can help prevent dry mouth and is also thought to help prevent tooth decay*. Xylitol is very low calorie and also diabetic-friendly. Preventing tooth decay is an important part of maintaining optimal oral health during clear aligner therapy.
- Movemints can help, but are not a substitute for proper oral hygiene!
Are Movemints pet-friendly?
- No! Xylitol, the natural sweetener in Movemints, is known to be toxic to dogs -- just like chocolate! We love our pets as much as you do, so please store your Movemints responsibly!
I need help, how can I contact you?
- Check out our "Contact Us" page, or simply shoot us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the FDA. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.